Hearing Loss, Tinnitus, Vertigo/Dizziness
The Audiology Clinic
Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre
Tel: 01 9106913, 083 312 6299;
Fax: 01 554 7353
The Audiology Clinic is a private independent diagnostic audiology practice. The specialists at the audiology clinic provide prevention, assessment and management of patients suffering from hearing, tinnitus and balance (vertigo/dizziness) disorders. We see patients of all age group including children and new born.
All patients at the audiology clinic see our Audiological Scientist Mr. Deepak Kumar.
Deepak graduated in Audiology in 1995 from University of Mysore, India. He then completed higher Audiological training at prestigious Institute of Laryngology and Otology at University College London where he obtained Master Degree in Audiological Science and achieved distinction. He has also completed doctorate degree.
During 16 years of clinical experience Deepak has worked in various prominent hospitals in India, Kenya, UK and Ireland. Since 2004 he has been working on a senior position at Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital, Dublin. Deepak has worked in all aspects of Clinical Audiology including tinnitus, advanced audio-vestibular (auditory and vestibular), prescription of digital hearing aids, cochlear implant etc. He has been involved in teaching medical and paramedical students in the clinic as well as in the university.
Deepak has carried out number of research in the field of clinical audiology and has received clinical and research awards. He has presented number of clinical and research papers in the national and international conferences and is author of many publications.
- Hearing disorders in adult and children
- Tinnitus & Hyperacusis
- Hearing Aid
- Sensorineural hearing loss
- Middle ear assessment
- Hearing Aid
Irish Academy of Audiology (IAA), British Academy of Audiology, Irish Society of Hearing Aid Audiologist
HOW TO ACCESS THE AUDIOLOGY CLINIC
Patients can be referred by GP, Consultant or Public Health Nurse. They can also access the clinic directly by making an appointment. Please note that patients are seen only by an appointment.
A consultation fee is charged at each appointment. Patient above 50 years with medical card pay reduced consultation fee. Patient with private health insurance can claim certain amount towards their consultation fees depending on their level of cover. Tax relief can be claimed for medical expenses and this includes hearing test and hearing aids. Detailed information can be found on www.revenue.ie
The Audiology Clinic has been awarded centre of excellence in 2012 and 2013.
We provide services to both adult and children including newborn. These include from basic behavioural hearing test to sophisticate computerised oto-neurological evaluations. A detailed Audiological report is issued with further recommendation and if necessary then appropriate referral is made to other medical professionals.
- Diagnostic Hearing Test
- to assess degree and type of hearing loss
- Middle Ear Assessment
- to assess function of middle ear
- Hearing Aid Evaluation, Prescription and Fitting, Real Ear Measurement
- Speech Mapping
- Hearing aid function test relative to hearing loss
- Speech Recognition and Discrimination Test
- to assess ability to understand speech in presence of noise and without noise
- Oto-Acoustic Emissions
- to assess cochlear function, hair cells function, newborn hearing screening, differential diagnosis between cochlear and higher level hearing loss
- Eustachian Tube Function Test
- to assess pressure equalisation between middle ear and atmosphere
- Tinnitus Assessment and Management (tinnitus retraining therapy – TRT)
- Hyperacusis Assessment and Management
- Auditory Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Assessment and Management (vertigo/dizziness)
- Special Audiological Assessment for differential diagnosis
BSH, MD(AM), MSc(ASc), MIAA
For an appointment please contact;
Tel: 083 312 6299;
Fax: 01 554 7353
- The 4th Practice, Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre, Mallow, Co Cork
- Suite 5, Vista Primary Care, Naas, Co Kildare
- The Audiology Clinic, 4th Floor, Meath Primary Care Centre, Heytesbury Street, Dublin 8.