Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre along with our colleagues in the HSE and Living Health Center, Mitchelstown have established a targeted Primary Care educational forum in Practice Topics in Primary Care series.
As part of our commitment to continuously update and upskill all our staff through interdisciplinary education, with our aim of attaining and keeping international standards of patient care.
We are delighted to have established The Practice Topics in Primary Care Series in 2014 and to report that the series was attended by in excess of 185 attendees across the 4 meetings. We hope to increase this number to, in excess of 200 attendees for 2015.
This program has been developed to reflect the current issues and advancements in the Primary Care area.
We have attracted local and national speakers and adapted the program to take account of current controversies in Primary Care and developed a selection of workshops which focus more in depth at clinical and practice management issues.
It is envisaged the “Practice Topics Series 2015” will develop and provide further educational opportunity with panel of speakers already committed to presenting on a variety of clinical and practices topics.
The 4 module program will review the key clinical challenges for their patients and discuss the most effective, advanced care for patients based on current therapies and evidence based protocol.
Venue: Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre, Cork Road, Mallow.
The program is being supported by the HSE and the ICGP. Professional competency accreditation with ICGP will be applied to each of the 4 modules.
Practice Topics Series 2015 Faculty:
Our faculty members will guide and develop the clinical agenda for the meeting series; they are as follows:
1. Mr. Kieran Ryan Former CEO Irish College General Practitioners.
2. Professor Tom Kiernan, Professor of Medicine, University of Limerick
3. Professor Colin Bradley, Professor of General Practice, UCC.
4. Dr Marcus Kennedy, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, CUH
5. Dr Mark James, Ophthalmic Physician, CUH
6. Dr Tony Heffernan, MPHC, Mallow
7. Dr David Molony, MPHC, Mallow
8. Dr Michael O’Grady, MPHC, Mallow
9. Dr Elma Gaffney, Living Health Clinic Mitchelstown
10. Ms Yvonne Finn Orde, General Manager HSE Primary and Community Care Services, North Cork
The clinical agenda will take place over 4 Saturdays and run for full day (09.30 am – 4.30 pm) .
The meeting is open to all primary care clinicians, trainee and practice nurses, HSE Clinicians and Allied Healthcare professionals across the country.
Previous Meeting Agendas